Happy fall, folks! With summer officially well-behind us—except for some amazing weather we enjoyed here in the Pacific Northwest—it is time for many of us to re-focus our outreach and planning efforts. And so, it’s time for our Simple Seasonal Marketing Ideas: Fall Edition!
We’ve rounded up a quick list of some upcoming seasonal holidays and observances to give you some ideas and inspiration. Use them to develop a new promotional concept, create a community partnership, launch a philanthropic campaign over the holiday season, or simply be part of spreading the word on your social media networks. And, if you know of a great one to add to the list, note them in the Comments below or drop me a line anytime. Enjoy!
- Health Literacy Month
- National Arts and Humanities Month
- Physical Therapy Month
- Self-Promotion Month
- Get Organized Week (October 4–10)
- National Food Bank Week (October 11–17)—coincides with World Food Day
- World Mental Health Day (October 10)
- Columbus Day / Indigenous Peoples Day (October 12)
- Take Your Parents to Lunch Day (October 14)
- Make a Difference Day (October 27)
- Buy a Donut Day (October 30)—the perfect excuse for an artisanal donut walking tour?!
- Halloween (October 31)
- Family Stories Month
- Movember—grow a mustache for men’s health causes
- National Animal Shelter and Rescue Appreciation Week (November 1–7)
- Election Day (November 3)
- Veteran’s Day (November 11)
- America Recycles Day (November 15)
- National Philanthropy Day (November 15)
- National Family Volunteer Day (November 21)
- Thanksgiving (November 26)
- Small Business Saturday (November 28)
- #GivingTuesday / #OregoniansGive (November 29)—see our previous posts, Gearing Up for #GivingTuesday and What Are You Doing 11 Tuesdays from Now? for more details.
- Safe Toys and Gifts Month
- First Day of Winter (December 21)
- National Thank You Note Day (December 26)
- Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, and New Year’s Eve
- Looking ahead, January is National Mentoring Month. I think often of the many individuals and businesses who inspired my path. Why not consider some of your own business mentors and host a recognition event, community outreach effort, or simply dedicate time to reaching out individually to thank them and catch up? Sometimes the simplest ideas end up being the best. Of course, we’ll share more ideas for 2016 in our Winter Edition post.
Below are some additional reading from the past year to help you get your marketing plans on track. Of course, if you think you might like a bit more help, get in touch to learn more about our Marketing Planning services.
- Our Simple Summer Reading List: 20+ Quick Reads for Better Branding
- BSB Spring Research Roundup: 4 Tips—and Many Resources—To Pave Your Path
- Mid-Quarter Roundup: B2B Marketing Trends & Tips for the Year Ahead
- And bookmark our Simple Seasonal Marketing Ideas: Spring/Summer Edition for future planning, too!